A Hemp-Centric Cafe
Harvest is a new restaurant and coffee shop by LabCanna that focuses on locally sourced meals and pastries with CBD and hemp options. The trendy antique-filled space is the perfect addition to Fairview. Erin Crawford, holistic nutrition consultant and Harvest’s general manager, created an inviting, educational atmosphere for everyone, including those with dietary restrictions, to enjoy farm-fresh food along with the healing properties of hemp and CBD.
“Hemp is the only plant that is high fat, high fiber and high protein and by far one of the healthiest things you can consume,” Erin says.
Head Chef Danny embraced Erin’s vision in his innovative, nutrient-rich menu, which will change seasonally. LabCanna has the largest hemp farm in the South, and Danny has loved experimenting with ways to incorporate the plant into his dishes. He’s excited to grow their own garden, complete with a lemon tree, for ingredients and to host a farmers market in the parking lot.
Danny graciously shared his recipe for toast, The Honey Bee, with us for a delicious, easy breakfast. The toast can be served on sourdough, hemp bread or banana bread, his mother’s recipe that he modified to be vegan. The rich flavors in the banana bread Honey Bee are unbelievably tasty and flawlessly blend together.
The Honey Bee
2 slices homemade banana bread
Local pears, thinly sliced
CBD-infused local honey
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed plus 5 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup hot water (110 F)
1 teaspoon yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Dissolve 1 teaspoon yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in 1/2 cup hot water (110 F). Allow 8-10 minutes for yeast to activate before adding to mixture.
3. In a mixing bowl, mash bananas until smooth.
4. Add baking soda to mashed bananas.
5. Using a wooden spoon or mixer, stir in melted oil.
6. Stir in sugar, salt, flaxseed and vanilla extract.
7. Mix in gluten-free flour.
8. Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
9. Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.