Stout Chocolate Brownies
- ½ cup stout beer
- 1/4 cup espesso or strong cold brew
- 10 ounces 60% bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
• Preheat oven at 250 degrees F. Prepare a 9″ X 9″ baking pan with parchment paper allowing the paper to hang over the edges and spray with cooking spray.
• Bring stout to a boil and reduce to simmer and cook for about 10 minutes or until reduced to ¼ cup. Set aside to cool.
• In a double boiler or a small bowl atop a small saucepan filled with 1 inch of water, melt chocolate chips and butter over high heat, stirring occasionally, until melted.
• Pour melted chocolate into a medium bowl and cool slightly. Add sugar, vanilla, salt and stout and mix well with a whisk or wooden spoon. Add eggs one at a time, mixing just until combined before adding the next egg.
• Fold flour into mixture and pour into baking pan. Bake for one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 2 hours or overnight to firm up for best cutting. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.